Although tourism is not my motivation for going to different countries, I have climbed an unusual number of pyramids and marveled at a long list of historic temples. This week I gathered some of the photos in one spot to share with you.
1. Undavalli Cave Temples, India. Four-story caves/Hindu temples, which have also been used as rest houses by Buddhist monks. Dated to CE 420-620.
2. Petra, Jordan.A city with architecture cut into pink rock, established around 6th century BCE.
3. Teotihuacan, Mexico. Important city of Mesoamerica, established around 100 BCE but possibly in use till the 7th or 8th century CE.
4. Tikal, Guatemala. A political, economic, and military stronghold of the pre-Columbian Mayans.
5. Pyramids of Giza, Egypt. Need I say more? Well, yes, actually. While the pyramids have the wow-factor in their scale, I found the heiroglyphs and statues in the temples of Luxor in southern Egypt more enthralling.